Sweden’s largest university and one of Europe’s leading centres for higher education and research in science, humanities, social sciences and law, located in one of the world’s most dynamic capitals.
To study in the heart of Scandinavia. Welcome to Stockholm University!
What is Stockholm University (SU) best known for?
Ranked as one of the top 100 universities in the world, SU is located in Stockholm, Sweden’s capital city and a cultural and economic hub. Stockholm is a dynamic capital where you have city life, nature, water, business, culture and international cuisine all close at hand. It has been rated as Europe’s safest capital and one of the world’s top student cities.
Education and research at SU make a difference. We contribute to individual and social change through top quality education and outstanding research. Our researchers contribute to the development of public policy and political decision making, and participate in Nobel Prize Committees and international expert bodies.
Still not sure? Click here for a list of our top reasons for choosing SU.
What kind of programmes does SU offer?
We offer over 70 master’s programmes taught in English at the Faculties of Science, Humanities, Social Sciences and Law. Some of these programmes are even rather unexpected…
What’s the alumni network like?
Stockholm University has an online alumni portal: su.se/alumni
LinkedIn Alumni group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/SU-Alumni-Network-8370134/about
Some well-known alumni include:
- Christer Fuglesang, Swedish Astronaut. First Swede and Scandinavian in Space.
- Annika Falkengren, CEO of SEB.
- Peter Wallenberg
- Michael Wolf, CEO of Swedbank.
- Carl Bildt, former Prime Minister of Sweden former Foreign Minister
- Dag Hammarskjöld, former U.N. Secretary General.
- Olof Palme, former Prime Minister of Sweden.
- Georgios Papandreou, former Greek prime minister
- Fredrik Reinfeldt, former Prime Minister of Sweden
- Ingmar Bergman, film director
- Jens Lapidus, criminal defense lawyer and author.
- Greg Poehler, actor, author
What are the main local industries?
Stockholm is home to many industrial hubs and multinational companies, including.
- Kista Science City
- Hennes & Mauritz
- Nordea Bank
- Atlas Copco
- Telia Sonera AB
- Svenska Handelsbanken