A leading young comprehensive university in a friendly city
Location:Linköping & Norrköping
What is Linköping University (LiU) best known for?
LiU is known for student-centred learning with a high student satisfaction rate, an interdisciplinary approach to studies and close collaboration with the business world. LiU graduates are particularly popular with employers, with an independent study showing that they are amongst the first in the country to gain employment after graduation. International rankings like the Times Higher Education Top 100 Universities under 50 have placed Linköping University among top young institutions in the world.
Our students appreciate the international atmosphere on campus as well as the easy access to committed teachers who are experts in their field. As a student here, you’ll feel comfortable having an open dialogue with your professors.
What kind of programmes does LiU offer?
We offer English taught master’s programmes within:
- Engineering (aeronautics, computer science, electronics, industrial, machine learning, mechanical)
- Environmental studies (sustainability engineering, sustainable development, ecology)
- Natural science (nanotechnology, chemistry, life science, chemical biology)
- Education (adult learning, outdoor education)
- Social sciences and humanities (ageing and social change, applied ethics, business administration, migration studies, urban planning, migration studies)
What’s the alumni network like?
Prominent LiU alumni include:
- Peter Agnefjäll, President and CEO, Ikea Group
- Gustav Fridolin, Swedish Minister of Education
- Helena Norrman, Senior Vice President Marketing & Communications, Ericsson
- Carl-Henric Svanberg, Chairman, BP and Volvo
- Zhong Zhihua, former President of Hunan University, member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
What are the main local industries?
Internationally-known companies with head offices or facilities in the Linköping region include Saab, Ericsson, Autoliv, Siemens, Holmen Paper and BT Industries.