A leading European technical university in the heart of Stockholm
What is KTH best known for?
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm is the largest and oldest technical university in Sweden. No less than one-third of Sweden’s technical research and engineering education capacity at university level is provided by KTH. We are one of the leading technical universities in Europe and highly respected worldwide, especially in the domains of technology and natural sciences.
The KTH Campus is located in Stockholm, the Capital of Scandinavia and the home of the Nobel Prize. Living in Stockholm, you will be part of one of the most dynamic and enterprising cities in Europe.
Here at KTH we have about 20,000 student from all different backgrounds. Being a KTH student is more than just studies. It is also about personal development. By choosing KTH, you will get access to a vibrant student life in a beautiful setting with world-class facilities and extensive student service.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- World leading and interdisciplinary research
- Modern teaching methods with a strong link to actual research and business collaborations
- KTH provides great opportunities for international careers
- Active and multicultural student life with almost 100 different nationalities represented
- Strong industry infrastructure
What kind of programmes does KTH offer?
In addition to bachelor’s and PhD programmes, KTH offers around 60 international master’s programmes taught in English in subjects spanning from natural sciences to all the branches of engineering, architecture, industrial management and urban planning.
What’s the alumni network like?
KTH alumni are truly global and can be found in all corners of the world. KTH alumni are also an active link between the students at KTH, alumni of KTH and industry. The KTH Alumni Office works to support all KTH alumni living abroad and make sure they still feel connected to their old university. We help strengthen international groups and networks by organizing events and provide digital platforms for networking. Our purpose is to build and maintain good relations with our alumni and to help current students in the beginning of their careers.
Read more about or international groups and chapter here.
Some well-known alumni include:
- Christer Fuglesang (Astronaut)
- Gustaf Larson, co-founder of Volvo
- Daniel Ek, KTH Great Prize for 2012, founder of Spotify
- Mengmeng Du (Previous marketing manager Spotify)
- Peter Arvai (founder of Prezi)
- Sara Mazur (Forksningschef Ericsson)
- Alexander Ljung (founder of Soundcloud)
- Max Tegmark (famous physician)
- Fredrika Gullfot (founder of Simris alg)
- Nami Zarringhalam (co-founder Truecaller)
- Börje Ekholm (CEO Investor AB)
What are the main local industries?
Large tech and enginnering companies in Stockholm include Spotify, Ericsson, ABB, Scania, Sandvik, and many more.