What makes Dalarna University so special is the concept of closeness: close contact between students and teachers, and you’re always close to adventure
A great place for International Students
What is DU best known for?
In Sweden, DU is known for being the leader in integrating technology and new pedagogy within education. Our international students most enjoy the immediate access to nature and outdoor adventure while frequently commenting on the unique experience studying in a small town provides.
What kind of programmes does DU offer?
DU offers programmes and course packages taught in English, including:
- Business Intelligence↗️
- Business Studies↗️
- Data Science↗️
- Democracy, Citizenship and Change↗️ (Online)
- Energy Efficient Built Environment↗️
- English Linguistics↗️ (Online)
- English Literature↗️ (Online)
- Global Sexual and Reproductive Health↗️
- Materials Engineering↗️
- Materials Engineering and Product Development↗️
- Solar Energy Engineering↗️
- Tourism Destination Development↗️
What are the main local industries?
Although Dalarna’s largest town has a population of around 55,000, this region of Sweden is home to innovative Swedish companies like ABB, SSAB, Clas Ohlson and Stora Ensö. Additionally, the tourism industry is very strong in Dalarna thanks to offering some of Sweden’s best skiing and nature reserves.