The Swedish Institute is pleased to announce that 10 applicants have been awarded a scholarship within the Swedish-Turkish Scholarship Programme. Please check the list of successful scholarship recipients.
Each successful candidate will receive an official scholarship offer by e-mail between 13 and 17 April and is requested to accept or reject this offer by the deadline indicated in the e-mail.
Information about the call for SI scholarships for the academic year 2016/2017 will be updated in Autumn 2015.
The scholarships are intended for full-time master’s level studies in Sweden and cover both living costs and tuition fees.
The program is only open to candidates from Turkey.
Who is eligible?
The scholarships are only intended for students who are required to pay tuition fees according to the information at University Admissions.
There is no age limit for scholarship holders.
A scholarship cannot be granted for a student who:
- Has already lived in Sweden for two years or more previous to the scholarship period.
- Has a Swedish or EU/EES-citizenship, permanent residence permit or work permit in Sweden.
- Has previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university/university college.
- Already holds a degree from a Swedish university/university college.
- Is currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish university/university college.
Only programmes within the area of social science are eligible. Eligible Programmes Swedish-Turkish 2015-2016.
Scholarship benefits and period
The scholarship covers both the tuition fee (which is paid directly to the Swedish university/university college by the Swedish Institute) and living expenses to the amount of SEK 9,000 per month.
The scholarship is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester (August/September) and is granted for one academic year, i.e. for two semesters at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory.
The scholarship is designed to cover living costs and study expenses for the scholarship holder. There are no grants for family members. The granted scholarship period cannot be altered or extended beyond the study programme period nor can the scholarship be transferred to another study programme at a Swedish university.
Scholarship holders will receive a travel grant in connection with the scholarship upon arrival. The travel grant is a one-time payment of SEK 5,000.
Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period.
SI Network for Future Global Leaders
All Swedish Institute scholarship holders are invited to become members of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders – a network that offers unique opportunities during and after the stay in Sweden. Together with other talented people from all around the world, the scholarship holder is able to take part in a variety of events, exchange ideas and create networks that benefit both to career and personal development.
Key dates and deadlines for applications to the academic year 2015/2016
- October 2014 – 15 January 2015: Apply online to master’s programmes at Universityadmissions.se and pay your application fee
- 2 February 2015: Deadline for supporting documents and payment of application fee. For detailed information see Universityadmissions.se
- 2-13 February 2015: Apply for a Swedish Institute scholarship through the online application service (application opens 2 February 2015)
- 26 March 2015: Notification of selection results published on Universityadmissions.se
- 10 April 2015: List of successful candidates for Swedish Institute scholarships is published on Studyinsweden.se
- 13 April 2015: Deadline for accepting your study place
- 13-17 April 2015: Swedish Institute formal scholarship offer to successful candidates by e-mail
- 30 April 2015: Deadline for accepting the Swedish Institute scholarship
What happens to my scholarship application?
- All eligible and complete applications are assessed by a selection committee taking into consideration the relevance and quality of the motivation letter and CV.
- Only students who have been offered a place in a master’s programme after the first selection round on 26 March 2015 will be considered for a scholarship. Students who have been listed as reserves will not be considered. Unfortunately, no scholarships are available for late admissions.
- In early April, the Swedish Institute will publish a list of successful scholarship candidates at Studyinsweden.se. The publication date will be posted on the website’s calendar. Due to the large number of applicants, only those who are offered a scholarship will be notified.
- Please note that you have to accept your place at the study programme at Universityadmissions.se before the indicated deadline.
- Each successful candidate will receive an official scholarship offer by e-mail and is requested to accept or reject this offer by the deadline indicated.
Will there be a reserve list for the Scholarship?
Each year the Swedish Institute awards more scholarships than are available as there are always several students who do not accept their scholarship offer. Because of this practice, we do not have a reserve list for scholarships.