The Swedish Institute (SI) is now offering scholarships to talented students who will be starting a master’s programme in Sweden in autumn 2019.
Which scholarships are available?
The following scholarship programmes are currently accepting applications:
- Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) – Full scholarships for master’s students who are citizens of a select number of countries and who have a strong professional background and leadership experience.
- Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa (SISSA) – Full scholarships for master’s students from South Africa.
- Swedish Institute Scholarships for the Western Balkans and Turkey – Full scholarships for master’s students from the Western Balkans or Turkey.
- Visby Programme – Scholarships for master’s students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
Am I eligible?
Eligibility varies by programme; please see each scholarship programme’s page on the Swedish Institute’s website for details.
When is the application deadline?
The deadline to apply for any of the above scholarship programmes is 14 February.
How do I apply?
The application process varies by programme; see each scholarship’s page on the Swedish Institute’s website for details.
What if my country isn’t part of any SI scholarship programme?
If you aren’t eligible for any Swedish Institute scholarships, there are still many other scholarship programmes you may be able to apply for.
- Many Swedish universities offer a range of scholarships for international students.
- Other scholarships are offered by a variety of associations, foundations and other organisations around the world.
If you have a question, please first read this extensive FAQ. If you can’t find your answer there, you can send an email through the form at the bottom of the page. You can also contact SI’s scholarship team through their Facebook page, Swedish Institute Scholarships for Studies and Research.