We’re looking for students starting their studies in Sweden this autumn who are interested in joining our digital ambassador programme. As a digital ambassador, you’ll represent your university, home country and Sweden to international students who are considering Sweden for their own studies. This is your chance to share your story and connect with fellow students around the world.
We’re looking for students who are creative, funny and open to blog, vlog, Snap and Instagram throughout their time as students in Sweden. We’ll meet regularly throughout the year to share experiences and swap ideas. You’ll also have the chance to directly answer questions from prospective students and participate in events.
Digital ambassadors will write 1-2 blog or vlog entries per week and publish Instagram photos on a regular basis. Responding to user comments and having a dialogue with prospective students is also an important part of the job.
- You should love telling stories and communicating with people from different backgrounds. This can be through text, video, photo or your media of choice. The important thing is that you have a passion for communication and people.
- You must be comfortable writing in English, but perfect language skills aren’t essential. The most important thing is that you can tell your story confidently and that you have your own voice. We’re looking for students from all different international backgrounds – not just native speakers of English.
- You should be comfortable with answering questions from fellow students (we’ll help you with the answers) and representing your university, your home country and Sweden.
- You can make a commitment to spending a few hours a week during the semester on being a digital ambassador and to attending meetups four times during the academic year.
Typical day on the job.
One perk of the job: lots of coffee. And cake.
Who can apply?
Applications will be accepted from international students who are beginning a master’s or bachelor’s degree in Sweden autumn semester 2016. Only new, full-time, degree-seeking students will be considered.
Not eligible to apply: Swedish sheep.
How to apply
To apply, please send the application documents below by email to info(a)studyinsweden.se by 6 September 2016 (24:00 local Swedish time, CET).
All documents should be in English. If you speak Mandarin, Korean or Indonesian, please also send a sample blog post in that language in addition to a post in English.
- CV including links to any relevant social media profiles that you maintain (blog, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, Pinterest, Weibo, etc.)
- A short self-presentation – be creative! Text of maximum 200 words or video of maximum 2 minutes.
- A sample blog post, maximum 300 words. Use one of the following topics, or choose your own:
- Tell us about something you often do in your everyday life.
- Compare life in your hometown to another country or city where you’ve lived.
- Describe what you’re expecting from your time in Sweden and why.
- Tell us about a culture clash that you’ve been through.
- A text of maximum 400 words answering the questions:
- Why did you choose to study in Sweden?
- Why do you want to become a digital ambassador?
- Which social media are you amazing at? (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Google+, Tumblr, Snapchat, Vine, Pinterest, Vkontakte, WeChat, RenRen, Weibo, regular blogging – we want to know where you’re the most comfortable.)
We can’t wait to read your applications!